Sport Ireland ASPIRE Programme
Organisation: Clare Local Sports Partnership
Location: Unit 1 Westgate Business Park, Kilrush Road, Ennis, County Clare
Contract Length: 11 month contract
Full time / Part time: Full time
Salary: €25,000 (per annum – pro rata over 11 months)
Application closing date: Wednesday 18th November at 4pm
Programme duration: Dec 2020 – Nov 2021
The Sport Ireland ASPIRE Programme
ASPIRE is a graduate employment programme that is being funded by Sport Ireland. This programme has been approved by Government with support from the Dormant Accounts Fund. The aim of this programme is to enable a number of recently qualified sport and physical activity graduates to gain relevant experience working in the sports sector and to develop relevant skills and knowledge. The successful graduate will receive an 11 month contract and will work directly for Clare Local Sports Partnership. Clare LSP are responsible for the recruitment and selection of the graduate.
The role of the ASPIRE Graduate will be to support and coordinate programmes and projects in liaison with Clare Sports Partnership’s business departments/units, stakeholders and volunteers. The successful individual will perform a wide range of administrative duties to support the organisation in its role of supporting sports and physical activity development in County Clare. This placement offers the successful graduate a significant opportunity to gain relevant experience and to potentially advance their career in the sports sector. Previous experience in a similar role is not required.
Key Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To support the team / organisation in achieving project / programme objectives such as Community Sport, Sport for Inclusion, Club Development.
- To coordinate and have direct responsibility for a project or a specific set of tasks related to a project / programme.
- Perform ad hoc duties as required.
- Support in general office administration and secretarial duties which may include, maintaining records of Sports Partnership courses/workshops bookings, updating web site, Collate material for inclusion in the Sports Partnership’s Newsletter etc.
The graduate must:
Have graduated with a Master’s or Primary Degree in the area of Sport or Physical Activity between January 2019 and November 2020.
- Be currently unemployed i.e. not in current employment.
- Be available for the 11 month contract duration.
- Be eligible to work in Ireland on a full-time basis.
- Be eligible for Garda Vetting
It is desired that the graduate has:
- Excellent Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
- The ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for sport, physical activity and health
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Have a full clean drivers licence and access to your own transport.
To apply for this role, please submit a Curriculum Vitae and a 250 word (max) statement entitled: How the ASPIRE Graduate Programme will change my life. These must be submitted by email to email@example.com The closing date for receipt of application is Wednesday 18th November at 4pm. Interviews will take place, via ZOOM, on Monday 23rd November.
If you have any queries on the role, please contact John Sweeney via email on firstname.lastname@example.org Clare Local Sports Partnership is an equal opportunities employer.
‘This project was approved by Government with support from the Dormant Accounts Fund’