Get Active: Club Development
We aim to support all Sporting Clubs within Clare in the participation of sport all across the sporting network including;
- Support and Development – Better established links between LSP’s and Clubs using a structured and standard setting template for development.
- Having an accredited or licensed programme recognised nationally and internationally.
- Supporting communities to grow their clubs into more inclusive units through the development of policies and procedures which encourage participation of all abilities in a safe and friendly environment.
- Membership – Allowing clubs to examine methods to increasing membership through innovative recruitment – a well run club will be better established to attract new members.
- Capacity Development of Members – supporting the clubs to build the capacity of its members including player / athletes, administrators, sports coaches / leaders/volunteers to ensure that the workload of running a club does not fall on a few.
- Promotion of Club – A well managed club can use the positive profile to attract additional members, sponsors and funding opportunities, it can also be a positive component to promoting a local community.
- Potential to link to financial and non financial support through programmes delivered by NGB’s / LSP’s etc.
Through our small grants scheme we have limited funding that could help your club in achieving greater participation rates. The criteria for the fund is based on disadvantaged areas and specificc target groups. The application process for funding can be done through this link and decisions are usually made at our project team monthly meetings. Due to the limited nature of the fund we do not fund any capital expenditure.