As we go into another period of restrictions, it is now just as important as before that we keep active in order to support and maintain our physical and mental health. To help you with this, our team at Clare Sports Partnership have come up with an innovative 8-week programme that will allow you to exercise with a ‘buddy’ whilst 100% adhering to the restrictions required under the government guidelines. Currently under L5, you ‘….. may meet with people from one other household in outdoor settings when taking exercise’.
Full Government Guidelines can be viewed HERE
The aim of the challenge is for adults to reach the 150mins of moderate to vigorous physical activity weekly. This is a minimum standard as set out by the World Health Organisation.
Starting on Monday 11th January and running until Sunday 7th March, you will be asked to team up with your buddy so that you can keep each other motivated and accountable for the duration of the programme.
What does it entail?
• 3 times a week you will walk/jog/run/push etc (you decide) for 30 mins duration and you will be given 2 weekly workouts of 30 mins duration provided from gyms and personal trainers throughout the county; You will receive a video of stretching exercises to complete daily; There will also be modified exercise activities available for People with Disabilities and those that have mobility issues. Please let us know of your requirements when completing the registration form and we will get back you with your plan.
• Weekly dedicated podcasts from experts in topics that will cover: exercise psychology, motivation, nutrition, how to use your fitness tracker etc
• Spotify Playlist to listen while exercising
• Closed Facebook group for those of you that use the social media platform
• Private Strava group to monitor your walks
• Spot Prizes including 2 Garmin fitness trackers
How to Apply?
After clicking on the register button you will be asked for a Group Name, this can be as simple as your surname or you can choose to get creative.
You will then need to click on the ADD MEMBER BUTTON. Please note that you will need the date of birth and email of your buddy in order to add them; don’t forget to add yourself to the group here too and then scroll down and enter just one person’s details as the primary contact.
• If you are new to exercise, you should consult with your doctor to make sure that you are able to take part in the programme
• There is a €10 charge per couple to take part in the programme.
PLEASE NOTE: You do not have to actually workout with your buddy, you can exercise alone. The workout video’s can be completed at a time to suit you, they will not be live. The idea behind having a buddy is so that you have someone to be accountable to. So it may be just that you check in once a week to see how the other person is getting on.
Email cathy@claresports if you have any difficulty registering